Having an OpenStack cloud doesn't mean you don't need to do traditional system administration tasks, it just means you do them in a different way. In this webinar, we will show you what daily life can be like for an OpenStack sysadmin.
During the webinar, a Mirantis instructor will present a demo on a few common System Administrator tasks, and how to do them with OpenStack.
- We'll start by creating a user, role, and project
- Then we'll provide an application image for a web service and create a policy so that only the project admin of can delete it.
- Finally, we'll create a simple heat orchestration template to launch our web service, then perform an extra step to test our web server, assigning a floating IP and accessing it.
Meet the Presenter
Senior Technical Instructor
- Engineering degree in software and computer architecture
- 15+ years of experience as a systems engineer at IBM, AT&T and Nokia
- Expertise in areas of IP networking, IT security, mobile networking, virtualization and telco cloud
- Instructs Mirantis courses on OpenStack, Kubernetes & Docker, MCP, and SDN